What to do with those oversized zucchinis:
- Cut the Zucchini in half
- Using a large narrow knife, remove all the seeds and completely hollow out the zucchini.
- Fry a hot or sage sausage until light brown and set aside; squeeze the grease back in pan. Chop an onion
and fry over medium high until edges turn light brown.
- Add some fresh garlic, handful of raisins, some nuts (walnut, cashews, almonds) and few shitake
mushrooms and fry for additional 2 minutes.
- Add cooked sausage and some dry stuffing to the mix and fry for additional 2 minutes and turn off the
- Add enough water or white wine to the mixture to moisten 1/3 of the stuffing.
- Fill in the cavity of the zucchini with the ingredients and reattach the two halves together using toothpicks.
- Place the zucchini in a plastic bag (Wal-Mart bags work good) and heat on high in microwave for 8 â€“ 12
minutes. (Oven bake with cover or foil on 400 for 20 minutes).
- Allow it to cool and place in fridge overnight.
- Cut into 1â€� â€“ 1.5â€� thickness. Serve hot or cold. Also can cover the slices with spaghetti sauce
and put shredded mozzarella cheese over it and broil until cheese melt with few brown spots on it.
Canning Cucumbers One Jar at a Time
Wash and put cucumbers in jar. Put in a head or two of dill.
Add: 1 tsp. sugar
1 T. Kosher salt
1/2 C. vinegar
Fill remainder of jar with water. Seal and shake up until sugar dissolves. Put in pan of water and heat up
to boiling or until cukes change color.
Sometimes, I add 4 garlic cloves, 2 or 3 whole dried hot red peppers, onions or more dill in the jars.
This is a nice and easy meal. Fry onions in
olive oil on Medium high heat until edges
turns golden brown. Add garlic and lower
heat to medium; cook until garlic edges turn
light brown. Add chunks of shiitake
mushrooms and stir occasionally for a few
minutes. Increase heat to medium high and
add raisins and almond chunks. Stir for 2
minutes, turn heat off and cover for 5
minutes. Pour over spaghetti and enjoy.
This is another version of the above recipe
except I hav added chopped kale and
parsley to it.